Pebbles Pre-School believes that the health and safety of children is paramount. We make our setting a safe and healthy place for our children, parents, staff and volunteers.
We have a strictly enforced daily registration procedure covering arrivals and departures as well as visitors to our setting.
- Systems are in place for the safe arrival and departure of children and staff. Times are recorded in the registers.
- The door is manned at the beginning and end of each session whilst children are coming and going. The register is being taken at this point. The door is manned from 9:30 until 9:50, after which point parents will have to knock the door for a member of staff to let them in.
- Parents/carers are required to identify named adults who have permission to take children home at the end of the sessions; these are recorded and stored with the Register. If another adult will be coming to collect a child the parent must sign in the Collection by another person form, verbally inform a member of staff or email the manager in advance. Unknown adults will be challenged and must give staff the password provided by the parents before a child is released into their care. If there is any doubt, parents will be contacted by the Manager or Assistant Manager to confirm the adult’s identity and authorisation.
- Visitors will be required to show relevant ID and sign the Visitors Log.
- Our systems aim to prevent unauthorised access to our premises.
- Our systems aim to prevent children leaving unnoticed.
- Registers are stored for the duration of the session in the Main Hall to give easy access in case of evacuation. Once registers have been completed the total number of children, visitors and staff attending for the day is recorded on the door.
- The nursery ends promptly at 12.30pm/1.30pm. Any parent who is unable to collect at the correct time needs to inform the nursery immediately to allow us to staff the nursery accordingly. If you collect your child more than 15 minutes late, after an initial polite reminder, there will be an additional charge of £15 per late collection. Whilst we have a legal responsibility to ensure that a child is looked after if a parent is not in time to collect a child, we are only registered to have children on the premises from 9.30 am to 12.30/1.40. Late collections impact on our statutory ratios and registration.